Wednesday, January 24, 2024

LJ g soccer: Q&A with Tatiana Rollick

Defender Tatiana Rollick (26) with the ball
during La Jolla's Senior Night game
Thurs., Feb. 8 vs. Mira Mesa.
(Photo by Ed Piper)


By Ed Piper

Tatiana Rollick is a senior defender for the Vikings soccer team. This interview took place before the La Jolla game Thurs., Jan. 18, at home versus San Diego High School.

Why did Coach (Austin Mobley) pick you as a leadership person, besides Tahlia (Zadeyan) and Ruby (Davis)?

I didn't know he did that... I've been on the team for four years now. (I play) center back.

What do you bring to the team? What is your role?

I'm a defender. I keep the goals out.

What do you do well? What are your strengths?

I think I'm pretty fast. To be humble, I think I'm pretty fast. I can beat the player, and sometimes clear the balls out.

Your team is playing well. Why?

Caroline (Bruner, a sophomore) is also a lot of help, too. She's the other center back.

What's the formula for you guys to play well?

Me and Caroline--we have one go up, and one on defense. So one person will be kind of the offensive center back and push up, and the other will go back.

Do you know anything about SDHS (tonight's opponent)?

We've played them before. I know a couple of their kids. I know the center forward is pretty fast. I know that we beat them before, and I hope we will again.


No comments:

Post a Comment