Monday, January 29, 2024

LJ b BB: Q&A with Jackson Diehl

Leaper Jackson Diehl (24)
goes up for a layup in the
Vikes' 71-64 loss to Point Loma
at home Jan. 5.
(Photo by Ed Piper)


By Ed Piper

Senior Jackson Diehl plays forward for the La Jolla High basketball team. He rebounds and blocks shots particularly well. These comments came before the Vikings' game at Point Loma Friday night, Jan. 26.

Tell me about rebounding. You jump well, and you rebound well.

Thank you. I feel like I have to do my role on this team, which is play defense and rebound well.

When you go into a game, are you thinking anything consciously, like intentional, planning ahead for rebounds?

Not really. I just try to judge where the ball is going, and get in the right position right before it hits the rim.

Another thing you do well is shot-blocking. Tell me about that.

I just feel like I have good anticipation and I use my vertical (leaping ability) to my advantage.

You guys are in a good spot in league (2-2 going in). What are you thinking for tonight?

It's a really big game in terms of for league, and if we get this win and pop up a couple of spots in league, it'll be huge for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment