Monday, August 28, 2023

LJ FB: Wyatt Boczanowski on Bishop's and Scripps Ranch

LJ linebacker Wyatt Boczanowski
in pregame warmups against
Scripps Ranch.
(Photo by Ed Piper)


By Ed Piper

Q: Wyatt Boczanowski (working on the pronunciation).

BOZ-a-now-skee.

(A lot of noise in the locker room prior to the game Aug. 25--pounding music and conversation.)

Q: MaxPreps said you had six tackles last week (against Bishop's).

I had six or seven tackles.

Q: Tell me about that.

I didn't play the best last year. I played, like average, 13 or 14 tackles. So this game I'm hoping to get close to 15 tackles. Last game I had a really bad game. I'm hoping to do a lot better. (Apparently distracted by the noise.)

Q: Tell me your position.

Linebacker and nose (tackle). Linebacker and D(efensive) end.

Q: What were you seeing off (Bishop's quarterback Cash) Herrera and their offense that you were trying to be aware of?

Just really their running back (thinking of RB Ryan Stadtherr of Scripps Ranch Aug. 25 in scouting reports). Their running back is really big. Oh, you mean for Bishop's? They have a really good running back. He's like 6'3", 220 pounds.

Q: What's your guys' approach today?

Just play really aggressive. Really physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment