Wednesday, November 8, 2023

LJ g golf: Q&A w/Cooper Gilmore

By Ed Piper

Cooper Gilmore of La Jolla finished CIF girls golf in a tie for sixth place, an outstanding accomplishment. She is a sophomore. She also placed high in CIF last year as a freshman. This exchange took place before Gilmore's 10:57 a.m. tee time Fri., Nov. 3, at Torrey Pines. It was day 2 of a two-day competition to determine San Diego Section finishes. Day 1 was Mon., Oct. 30.

Q: How're we doing? Ready to go?

Yeah. I'm ready for today.

On the first day, you did great. (Tied for ninth.)

Thank you.

Q: Do you shoot long off the tee? You were hitting the ball pretty well (on the driving range moments earlier).

Pretty average, I'd say, for girls out here.

Pretty solid. You're pretty consistent.

Thank you.

Q: You have a 3.8 differential (handicap). How do you maintain that?

I just like to practice, and keep my swing the same.

Thank you, and I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment