Thursday, December 7, 2023

LJ wrestling: Q&A with Noah Pace

By Ed Piper

Noah Pace is a 113-pound sophomore wrestler for La Jolla. Last year, as a freshman, he was Eastern League champ at 106 pounds--one of five league champs for Coach Kellen Delaney's Vikings.

These remarks were soon after a 16-0 "tech fall" (win by major decision) in the consolation round at the Granite Hills Tournament Sat., Dec. 2.

That was a quarterfinal, right? ("Yes.") How did it feel?

Tiring, but I'll be fine.

What were you trying to do?

I was just getting the arm bar, and putting him to his back, and count to three, and then getting back up, and keep on doing it. And also, when he got me on top, I would just reversal and get back on top of him.

How's the year starting, pretty well?

Yeah, I'm starting pretty good, 2-0 right now.

How's it feel going up in weight (from 106 to 113)?

I mean, honestly, it's not that different. They're so similar in weight. It's different people (you have to face), but similar skill.

Are you enjoying not wearing glasses? (now in contacts)

Yes, I'm very much enjoying that. I've now been able to see to attack my opponents.

Good luck today.

No comments:

Post a Comment