Saturday, September 13, 2014

"Bongo" Bonham: "Come up to my level"

Brandon always makes a splash when he's around.
(Photo by Ed Piper)


"Come up to my level. See what it looks like."

Brandon Bonham, star receiver for the La Jolla High football team, actually Facebooked me that when I asked him for "an interesting quote and a serious one" last summer. I think this was supposed to be the interesting one.

Well, the senior wideout, good-natured, outgoing, and always good for a smile and a quote, went to playground mode against Fallbrook Sept. 12. The "kids" played run-and-shoot, and mixed it up just like they would if it were not an organized football game.

Bonham, not to be confused with John "Bongo" Bonham, the drummer for Led Zeppelin who met his demise, is alive and well and going long for quarterback Collin Rugg.

Big on heart with big hands, the jocular Viking end had touchdown receptions of 18, 38, 4, and 79 yards in the 55-52 loss.

Brandon, what do you have to say about that?

"Just doing my job."


Copyright 2014 Ed Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment