Monday, November 11, 2013

Kacie Rice, Vikings cheer captain

Kacie Rice, cheer captain (Photo by Ed Piper)


Kacie Rice is one of three captains of the 2013-14 La Jolla Vikings cheer squad under advisor Ashley Monzon.

Favorite food: Fried chicken. My grandma Tippy's. They were from the South--Georgia. She lives here now, though, in Coronado.
Music group: Indie music, but not a particular group.
Song: I love pop music. There's a ton of dance tune stuff, and I'm a cheerleader. But I really like songs with lyrics that mean things. There are so many songs (to choose one).
Historical figure: Edgar Allan Poe. He was the greatest "worst" writer. He defied a lot of the writing laws. That's how I write. I don't to like to write by the rules. I like to write that it makes you feel.
Interests: I love to write. I love to read. I like to write fiction.
Educational and career plans: I'm going to go to a state college. I'm looking mostly at San Diego or San Francisco. And I'd eventually go to a vet (veterinarian) school and become a vet.
Pets: I love animals. I have two Dachsunds at my mom's house, a Golden Retriever, and at my dad's two Jack Russell mixes and a cat.
Thing in the world you would like to change: I think one of the changes the world could use would be in equality, and I mean in civil rights. There's still a lot of racial disagreements and all that kind of stuff.
Comment on LJHS cheer squad this season: We've gotten a lot stronger, not only cheer-wise but also our strength, our relationship with each other. We're open about it. It's not like a professional thing anymore. We've made it more like a friend circle. We hang out with each other all the time outside of practice. We're like the typical cheer group that hangs out at school.


Copyright 2013 Ed Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment