Thursday, October 17, 2013

Snapshot: Jordyn Reardon, cheer captain

Senior Jordyn Reardon, Viking cheer captain, on her 17th birthday at the UC football game. (Photo by Ed Piper)


Jordyn Reardon is one of three captains of the 2013-14 La Jolla High cheer squad. She celebrated her 17th birthday at the Viking football game at University City Friday (Oct. 11). Jordyn also serves as ASB Commissioner of Spirit.

Music group: Evanescence, a rock band

Song: "Hand That Feeds You", by Nine Inch Nails

Historical figure: Andrew Jackson, seventh president of the United States. I like him because during his presidency, people had ill attitudes toward him, but he didn't let that bring him down. He was still able to be a good president. (My family is from North Carolina, part of the South.)

Future plans and goals: I really love English. I want to get my undergraduate degree in English and my Master's in Journalism, because I want to be a broadcaster in entertainment.

Comment on the Viking cheer squad: I think all of us, being really good friends, have a strong camaraderie. We all like each other. When you have that, you are better able to work as a team and encourage each other to do really well during games.

Inspirational saying: "If you get knocked down, just get back up." You can't let one bad experience bring you down. You have to learn from experiences.


Copyright 2013 Ed Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment