Friday, February 20, 2015

LJ BB: Foul situation

The Vikings' Reed Farley played most of the second half against Mission Bay Feb. 17 with four fouls. He committed his fourth foul soon after the start of the third quarter. It put La Jolla in a bind, because Coach Paul Baranowski didn't want to remove him from the game. He was a key player in the close game.

La Jolla ended up prevailing 51-50 on Farley's shot with three seconds left.

Said Farley, "I picked up a few (fouls) early. So I had to kinda change my mindset but I couldn't let it bother my focus or overall play."

Did you go in super aggressive? What was your mindset going in? the sophomore guard was asked via text.

"Nothing different than usual. Aggressive but well aware of my situation."

One foul he needlessly picked up in the second quarter was a swipe at a Buccaneer as the Mission Bay player went by with the ball. Farley missed the ball, fouled the player, and ended up sprawled on the floor.

Farley was asked, Were you pumped up?

"Of course, but I don't think any more than usual. I was probably more pumped for last Thursday" (against UC Feb. 13).


Copyright 2015 Ed Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment