Monday, October 14, 2024

LJ FB: Q&A with line coach Jordan Lawson

LJ line coach Jordan Lawson gives advice
to big Jett Thomas (75) near the end of the
second quarter at Scripps Ranch High
Fri., Oct. 4.
(Photo by Ed Piper)


By Ed Piper

Jordan Lawson is the new offensive and defensive line coach for the La Jolla High football team. He shows a lot of energy on the sideline during games as he has gotten more comfortable in Vikingland. These comments were made before the Vikings' game at Scripps Ranch High Fri., Oct. 4.

Jordan Lawson.

What's up?

First, where did you play in college? We were trying to look it up. You're under the radar.

I played JUCO (junior college) ball, and then I walked on at (indecipherable).

How have the two weeks of work (with the bye week Sept. 27) been?

Much needed. We got some injured guys healed up. Some R&R for everybody, coaches and players alike.

Good. How would you rate your linemen so far (five games into the season, two games into league)?

We always got to get better. I like our speed and our containment. I think we can turn the notch up a little with the physicality. The few times we've done that consistently, it's showed. So hopefully we can bring that, see a bunch of three-and-a-halves, cause a few turnovers.

You're pretty animated on the sidelines.

Is that so? (grinning)

I'm using a euphemism. You're pretty active, vocal.

That's not how I've ever been (quiet). That's not how I was when I played, and it's not how I am when I'm coaching. It's that type of sport.


No comments:

Post a Comment