Friday, September 27, 2024

LJ FH: Q&A with Sofia Saiegh and Talia Snider

 

Vikings Sofia Saiegh (10), a freshman,
and Talia Snider (4), a sophomore


By Ed Piper

Sofia Saiegh and Talia Snider are both younger members of the La Jolla High varsity field hockey team. Both were very forthcoming and eager to engage with a member of the media before the Vikings' Western League game at Bishop's Thurs., Sept. 26.

What roles do you play on the team?

Talia: As a sophomore, we have a couple of freshmen here. We have three in total. I feel like I just encourage them as much as possible.
Sofia: I'm a freshman, and I feel my role is just to be a team player and learn from all these players who have more experience, and hopefully improve a lot this year.

What's an advantage of team sports versus individual?

Sofia: I think in team sports you have a family and people to depend on and look up to. You play together and you're not isolated. If you play sports individually, sometimes the mental pressure can be a lot.
Talia: I know that some of the strongest bonds are definitely on this team and you build a relationship together. So with Sofia, she's one of my favorites. And I think being that isolated (in individual sports), you don't get that experience of having teammates and having that special bond.

Where do you play?

I play right midfield. (both)

Good luck, you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment