Wednesday, April 10, 2024

LJ b golf: Q&A with Trevor Kula

Junior Trevor Kula at the Riverwalk
driving range before the Vikings'
match against St. Augustine
Tues., April 9.
(Photo by Ed Piper)


By Ed Piper

Trevor Kula, a junior, plays water polo for the Vikings in the fall and golf in the spring. These comments came before La Jolla's golf match at Riverwalk Tues., April 9, against St. Augustine.

So you're in the top five for the Vikings now?

Top six.

How are you doing that?

Well, I got off to a rough start, but I'm starting to bounce back.

Great. What do you attribute it to?

I think it was a lack of experience, and my practice when I first started. But now I'm practicing more. My scores are getting lower.

During competition, does it feel different? Can you tell a difference? Like calmer, more confidence?

I think you have to have more attention to detail, be more focused. And then when you play for fun on the weekends, you get away with doing shots you wouldn't normally do on the course.


No comments:

Post a Comment