Monday, June 8, 2015

LJ baseball: He gave his all

It's true. I gave my all for La Jolla High baseball.

Last Tuesday, June 2, after the Vikings won their fourth-round game to earn a spot in the finals, I walked to my car knowing something had happened.

I've never had a hernia before, but I soon thought I might have one.

It feels like a pulled muscle--kind of--which I know of from my active sports days when I was younger.

It came from hefting my big camera and lens one too many times.

I'm saying all this good-naturedly, because as you know, I enjoy sports a lot. I enjoy following and reporting LJHS sports. So this is all a bit tongue-in-cheek. I'm not in serious pain or in danger or anything.

I thought it would be fun to report to you, I gave so much in taking photos that I got a hernia. How many people can say that?!

So, does that make me a hero that I took photos of the championship game Saturday with a hernia?


Copyright 2015 Ed Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment