Tuesday, April 1, 2014

LJ Cheer: Isabel Roe

Isabel Roe (left) with fellow cheerleader Alondra
Valencia. (Photo by Ed Piper)


Isabel Roe is a member of the LJHS Cheer Squad 2013-14.

Year in school: Junior
Age at time of interview: 16

Favorite food: Pepperoni pizza. Pizza on Pearl by La Jolla High School. It's good.
Music genre: Pop.
Song: "Counting Stars" by OneRepublic. When we're with friends in the car, we blast it and sing really loudly.
Cause: Global warming. Some people don't believe that it's even real and happening, so I think it's something that needs to be looked into more because if it is, we need to start fixing it before things go really bad.
Career: I like science. I really want to be a doctor because I find all that stuff really interesting. Cutting into people and seeing what works on the inside. When people are watching, they go, "Gross. Ooooh." But I like it. It seems really interesting. I like helping. It's cliché, but...
College: I'm thinking about UC Santa Cruz. (You're going hippie.) (laughing) I know. Or University of Oregon. I guess it's more mainstream. I like the sports. UC Santa Cruz has a really good Bio program. I think the University of Oregon has a Pre-Med where you can go straight into a Pre-Med major. Some schools you have to do a different major. I want something that has a Pre-Med straightaway.
What kind of doctor? I want to be a surgeon. Probably trauma, because I think it would be really cool to be in the emergency room and all the things going on. It's exciting. I think it would be really cool to go work in other countries as a doctor and help other people.
Languages: I've taken two years of French, but I had to take a break. I'm taking sign language. But I think I want to take more French so I get really good at it in college.
Comment on the LJHS Cheer Squad: I really like the cheer team. I was on a cheer team before. I was at San Diego High. Yes, I was a Caver. I like both teams, but I like this one. It's not really cliquey. Everyone is friends. It's just a lot of hard work everyone puts in.
Have you gotten any injuries in cheer? I got my face busted open from an elbow in the face. Not this team. I've gotten a black eye. Hit in the nose--bloody noses. Mostly face stuff. My best friend on my old cheer team broke her ankle flying. So, yes, it's a risk.
Football: I really enjoy watching football. My favorite sport to come watch and to come cheer for? Football.
Heighth: I'm 5'8". (Do you like being tall?) It has its up sides in the same way it has its down sides, but I like it overall. I don't want to change who I am.


Copyright 2014 Ed Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment