Sunday, December 1, 2013

LJ BB player outlook

Vikings' Mark Rawdin (23) defends near basket in summer league action July 14.
Rawdin is one of the taller La Jolla players at 6-4. (Photo by Ed Piper)
 
 
"I think that we could have a breakout season if we really come together as a team," commented guard Ladd Castellano on the eve of La Jolla's basketball season opener Dec. 2 at Kearny.
 
"I think my role on the team is to score and to be an energy type player. I'm really looking forward to the hard fought games versus teams like Cathedral, St. Augustine, and Mission Bay."
 
Castellano, a 17-year-old junior who prefers science and math on the academic side, goes on: "I would say we are trying to improve on our defense and our offensive efficiency. We look strong in our three-point shooting and our communication."
 
 
Copyright 2013 Ed Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment